Thursday, April 26, 2012

Has anyone seen Danny Gans?

We are going to be in Vegas 7/7 - 7/12 and none of the headliners are playing but him. We%26#39;ve seen Celine twice and would like to have seen her again or Elton, but they aren%26#39;t there. We%26#39;ve seen O and Mystere and don%26#39;t really care to see any more Cirque shows. I also noticed David Spade was going to be there. What do you think? We are thinking about just going to see Legends.



Has anyone seen Danny Gans?


Just my opinion but I think that Gans is the most overrated and overpriced show in town. If you want this sort of thing then Gordie Brown is loads better.



Has anyone seen Danny Gans?


I agree with Blagger. Gordie Brown is better and a cheaper ticket.




How about shows like MamaMia, Spamalot, %26amp; Phantom? They%26#39;re all playing when you%26#39;re there.



Loved the first two, and want to see the third....




I know, I couldn%26#39;t believe the price of his tickets. Well, thanks for your input . That helps in our decision making.




Lowrance - I didn%26#39;t even think about them. I bet Phantom is amazing. Was Spamalot funny ?




Don%26#39;t get me started on quoting Monty Python.... last time I did Stratton wanted to hurt me.. Lmaooooooooo





YES it%26#39;s funny!!!!!!!!!!!




Here%26#39;s my comments from my May Trip report:





SPAMALOT....





Wife and June take mom to the bathroom, so as not to interrupt the show. I go and buy some Pina Coladas at the consession. $14 for the good ones, $10 for mom%26#39;s non alcoholic. She liked it.





For those with walking problems, let me warn you of 2 things. The second floor balcony is up a ton of stairs. (Didn%26#39;t see an elevator) The downstairs is VERY steep when you get inside. Luckily I made sure ahead of time and the booking person who was great, put us in the back by the door (no stairs). It%26#39;s a small theatre, so these were fine. We could see most of the facial expressions.





I%26#39;ve seen every Monte Python movie...I own several of their comedy albums (Old larger CD%26#39;s to you younger people, lol) I remember at the premier of ';Jabberwokky'; my friend sat at one side of the theatre and I sat on the other side. As the lights went down we recited the Mr%26#39;s Premise and Mr%26#39;s Contusion version of burying the cat, putting down the budgey, and dead parrot! The Python fans roared!





Anyway, my mind wasn%26#39;t 100% from everything that had lead to this part, but I did notice several things. Non stop laughter from start to finish. Great voices and acting from the actors. The Lady of the Lake hysterical and what a booming voice! Thunderous applause after every dance sequence. And John Hurley received a standing ovation in the end...







GO SEE IT!!!!!




For a show thats overrated and priced to high, the show is usually booked solid for months at a time. In my opinion the show is excellent and worth every penny, Of course if its too much to pay then pick another cheaper show.





People use to say this about Siegfried and Roy, and how long did they Star in LV? and how many shows? and there tickets were high compared to other shows during there time.






We will be in Vegas July 1st to July 6th. The last time we went we saw Danny Gans. Just my option but I thought it was way overpriced and not very good.




Maybe there%26#39;s a reason that people that have not been to Las Vegas have never heard of Danny Gans.

No comments:

Post a Comment