Tuesday, April 24, 2012

flight turbulance into vegas

How is the ride into the airport?

I have seen in a few spots that there is a lot of turbulance on the airplanes flying in. is it just at the end? does it happen more at one time of year?

just wondering so I can be prepared. I am a nervous flyer. A half of a xanax or a few gin and tonics should do the trick... but as ya%26#39;ll are begining to know... I am a planner.

flight turbulance into vegas

girl, plan for other things. It%26#39;ll be what it%26#39;ll be. You WILL LIVE. Or your heirs will get $$$$. Do not worry, especially with the chemical inducements.

flight turbulance into vegas

Prepared for what? Turbulence is a fact of life in a plane during the summer. It is the desert in the summer time. Air rises rapidly from the desert heat and makes things go bump. I like turbulance on a plane. Rocks me right to sleep like a baby.


The flight into Vegas isn%26#39;t so bad, I wouldn%26#39;t get too worked up about it. From my experience the flight out in the summer can be a little bumpier than the rest. Still not as bad as flying into Denver Intl%26#39;

I can honestly say, that of the dozen times or so that I have been in an out of the Vegas Airport, that I haven%26#39;t really had to deal with any crazy turbulence.


We didn%26#39;t experience any at all. I thought the Vegas airport was easy to get around in compared to some I have used.


I agree with CarerraGT, the flight out of vegas is worse than the flight in.. and flying into Denver is THE WORST! ha!


Wind shear is a fact of life at McCarran. Some flights are better then others.


This is strictly anecdotal evidence, but I%26#39;ve found night (after dark) arrivals to LV seem to be less bumpy than daytime arrivals.


When we went to Vegas in April for my daughter%26#39;s wedding both of my girls were first time fliers. We didn%26#39;t have any turbulance the whole flight until we were almost done with our decent. There was one moment when both my girl%26#39;s let out a bellow. The flight attendant was great. He said ';Ah! - Vegas virgins!'; with a chuckle. It was only 1 bump and they both laughed a moment later. There%26#39;s almost always some sort of turbulance when the plane is ready to land in Vegas. Just ask the flight attendant and he%26#39;ll be more than happy to explain why it happens and possibly give you a heads up as to about when it%26#39;s going to be. Don%26#39;t worry - you%26#39;ll be fine. Enjoy your vacation.


Hi Seminole,

We experienced intense turbulance both ways this past week. I%26#39;m a fairly frequent flyer and it was the worst I%26#39;d ever experienced, especially for Vegas. The ride in from CA was as smooth as ever until about 10 minutes before landing-- my mom lost her cookies.

For the return flight, we were restricted on our carry-ons because they wanted to balance the plane as much as possible, and they asked that 3 people stay behind for weight issues. It was bumpy on the way out, but not nearly as bad as the way in.

I wasn%26#39;t afraid for my life or anything, but if you have a sensitive stomach like my mom, you may be uncomfortable. She took two Dramamine about 1 1/2 hours before we left Vegas (check with your doctor if Dramamine is right for you) and it helped a lot.


My wife and I went over the 4th of July holiday two years ago and I enjoyed watching everyone%26#39;s heads swaying violently back and forth as we rode the bumps. I even video taped the people%26#39;s heads because it was so amazing; I%26#39;d never been on such a bumpy flight. We are leaving for Vegas tomorrow! Yahoo!!!

  • textbox
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment