Thursday, April 26, 2012

4th of July: Don't Expect Much

I know a lot of folks have been told by the hotels there sill be displays on the strip for the 4th of July, but if there is, not a word in the local paper. In fact the one annual local event, Red-White %26amp; Boom has been permanently cancelled. All I can say is what a shame a city that prospers on the American dream does nothing to show its appreciation.





What few shows are in town are small and pay per view events like at the race track and swimming pools. As usual I will be out of town on the 4th where the holiday is celebrated in style with parades, all day concerts, contest, BBQ, beer, and a spectacular display after dark all for free except the food and drink of course.



4th of July: Don't Expect Much


That is a pity.I have never been to the states for the 4th but my 2 sisters who live on long island tell me it is a great holiday with a lot of free activities and fantastic fireworks.



As Vegas is a tourist town ,you would think they would go all out to attract visitors.



Maybe they feel that with the weather and people spending time with family,that there is not enough to be gained by putting on displays



4th of July: Don't Expect Much


As usual I will be out of town on the 4th where the holiday is celebrated in style with parades, all day concerts, contest, BBQ, beer, and a spectacular display after dark all for free except the food and drink of course.







you must be going to boulder city and i think the swimming pools are free to get in on the 4th





i am also sure this anti-patriotic city will show plenty of patriotisim on the 4th




I did enjoy Red White %26amp; Boom for many years and I felt it was one of the best considering what else was available. I was able to watch the fireworks from a private home- I did not pay to get in.



Some people have been told that many of the hotels will be putting on fireworks displays on the strip. It will be interesting to see if that will happen this year. I was never impressed with the fireworks from the Strat and (I think) Caesars. And the celebrations were not necessarily held on the 4th. I do agree with VHB- what was available was nothing compared to what you see in other major cities. Or even some smaller cities.




I just got off the phone to a friend in LV who said that the Las Vegas Hilton has now stated that they will be doing a display. Apparently this has just been in the past day or two.





I am not sure where she got the info but her son works at the Hilton.




Yea, we%26#39;ve been there a couple of times on the 4th and were totally disappointed with the lack of festivities and fireworks. If I recall the Strat was the only place that had a fireworks display, and it could not be seen from most of the strip. You would think that some of the hotels would do something to make more of an impact. We were expecting a big hoopla!!! but got basically nothing.



Jeff, Tampa




Here is what is listed so far:



reviewjournal.com/entertainment/…fireworks




';you must be going to boulder city and i think the swimming pools are free to get in on the 4th';





No acually in Tulsa OK with my family, 250,000 close friends at the river parks for the annual River Boom, complete with floating stage and ampli-theater.




great have a good time in tulsa







this site says the lv hilton will have them as wellhttp://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=3538111





and tonight they will have them at lake las vegas




I wonder why people%26#39;s hotels would flat-out lie to them.....




we had company a few years ago and went down on the strip and caesars had a great display we didnt hear anything about it

No comments:

Post a Comment