Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where can I make a blood test in Las Vegas

Hello,

I will travel in the USA in July and one of my children will need to make a blood test in Las Vegas.

Is there someone that can help me to find a place in Las Vegas to make it ?

Do you have an idea how much it will cost (just a standard one, the number of white and red corpuscles) ?

Many thanks for your advice !

Where can I make a blood test in Las Vegas

You could try Quest Diagnostics. www.questdiagnostics.com. They have locations all over town, and some are even open 24 hours. I don%26#39;t know what the cost would be though.

Where can I make a blood test in Las Vegas

Last year my husband had a blood test at Quest Diagnostic in Florida. The cost was 19.00 for a CBC (complete blood count). Hope this helps!


Can you get a blood test done without a doctor%26#39;s order? Who would interpret the results? Or will you bring an order from your doctor at home and have the results sent back to him? Just trying to circumvent any problems? Hope your child is okay.

Camille


Thank you to all of you for this information.

In fact, I will bring the order from my doctor in France. Hope that it won%26#39;t be a problem and I won%26#39;t have to go to a doctor in the USA to get an order. Do you always need in the USA an order to make a blood test ?.

For the interpretation I will just have to compare with the last blood test, to check if the number of white corpuscles is similar or not. If it is necessary I will call her doctor in France.

She needs this check every two weeks because she takes some antibiotics that can have an impact on the number of white corpuscles.

Philippe


Phillipe, I am not sure if you need a doctor%26#39;s order under all circumstances, but probably so. I certainly hope your little girl is fine. It can be quite a worry when a little one has a medical problem. I just had some lab work done last Saturday and had to present them with the orders from the doctor. They faxed the results to him and he called me to discuss the findings. Of course, some of it is tied into the insurance carrier%26#39;s requirements.

Camille


Thank you Camille, she is ok now, she just needs a check during our hollydays in California and Nevada. The problem is now to know how to get the result ... I sent a message to Quest Diagnostics to know if they can give the result directly to me and if an order from our doctor is enough.

Philippe


Most blood test results at labs in the US take 1-2 days to get the results.


You%26#39;d need a doctor%26#39;s order for any test. You should call ahead of time, especially that you are not a US resident, they may not do non-emergency tests like that for non-residents, unless it is prescheduled.

$19 is very low for a CBC...I am guessing that was with insurance (ie US insurance)?

And another poster is right....it will take a few days to get the results. Theoretically, they can be read right away, but here unless it is an emergency, they will send the labs out and it takes a few days to get the results back. Not sure about Quest...I%26#39;ve never heard of being able to walk up to a lab like that and get blood drawn there. You need a nurse to draw the blood, and the Quests I am familiar with are just labs.

Your doctor%26#39;s office should be able to make the calls for you and set something up - that%26#39;s part of their job.


All Quest labs require a doctor%26#39;s order and you do not need an appointment. And you do not need a nurse to draw blood. The phlebotomists at the labs draw all of the blood. The results are faxed to your physician the next morning. Hope your vacation is safe and your daughter is well.


Suggest U contact the Quest in Vegas or elsewhere and ask instructions.

Be sure all PAPERWORK will be in English.

Be sure to have France Doctor phone and Fax number for contact purposes.

Dont wait to get to USA.

  • the bees
  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment