Sunday, April 15, 2012

Must do restaurants!

I have been making a list of all of the restaurants that I will definitely be visiting during my trip in September.

Are there any that you think I should add or any that you think I should skip as they are overrated etc.

The list is as follows -

Rosemary%26#39;s

Hugo%26#39;s Cellar

The Steakhouse @ Circus Circus

Lawry%26#39;s Prime Rib

Grand Lux Cafe

Cheesecake Factory

Memphis Championship Barbecue

Capriotti%26#39;s

Emeril Lagasse%26#39;s New Orlean%26#39;s Fish House

Mc Cormick and Schmick

Ellis Island

Delmonico%26#39;s

Must do restaurants!

My goodness, I hope you plan to be here for awhile! From your list, I have eaten at Rosemary%26#39;s (our favorite), Ellis Island and Delmonico. We love Delmonico too and Ellis Island is good for an inexpensive but filling meal. You don%26#39;t feel guilty if you leave some because it is so cheap. We ate there for breakfast and dinner.

Since they are chains, we have eaten at Cheesecake Factory and McCormick and Schmick%26#39;s in our area. They are good but would be at the bottom of my list for Vegas. Cheesecake Factory, however is a good option for lunch, especially if there are a few of you to share because portions are large.

We are going to Steakhouse at Circus Circus in August so I will report then and we have also eaten at Mesa Grill, Sensi, Noodles, and Michael Mina (the last three at Bellagio.) All were very good.

Must do restaurants!

The Range @ Harrahs is great.


We%26#39;ll be there for 10 days and will hopefully get a chance to eat in as many of the above restaurants as possible during that time.


Lucky you. You would have to roll me home (or pay extra baggage) if I was there for 10 days.


I think that could possible be the case for me too, but it%26#39;ll be worth it!


I%26#39;m assuming you don%26#39;t have a Cheesecake factory at home, its really good but not something I would do on vacation since it is a chain. But if you must go, CF %26amp; Grand lux are really the same - I would just choose one - we did do Grand Lux on our last trip and CF (from home at least) is much better.

My must do%26#39;s on every trip - Chinios in Forum Shops %26amp; Il Fornaio in NY NY. We also like - Samba, Joe%26#39;s Steakhouse, Mon Ami, Wolfgangs in MGM, %26amp; Gallagher%26#39;s. We keep cancelling Delmonicos - hope to eat there in the fall - have reservations but we always seem to do something else.


I really love hugo%26#39;s cellar.


I would cross McCormick %26amp; Schmick off your list - it is a chain with decent food but nothing you%26#39;d be sorry to miss. Similarly, I agree with advice to pick either Cheescake Factory or Grand Lux Cafe, but not both.

The one I would definitely make sure you try is Emeril%26#39;s. It is nothing short of superb, in my opinion, and it%26#39;s a little different type of food than any of the others on your list.


Thanks for the advice and keep it coming it is much appreciated.

One other place I was hoping to try is the Sterling brunch @ Bally%26#39;s is it worth the money? I have read mixed reviews.


10 DAYS = 10DINNERS.

There is no way you will eat a lunch at any of those and be able to do justice to a dinner at night.

A sandwich will have more meat,salad and fries than you would eat for a dinner at home.

Add breakfast into the mix and there is no way you will eat at half these restaurants.

  • What are the pros and cons of hosting the Olympics in a city
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment