Saturday, April 21, 2012

bellagio only for rich and famous?

We%26#39;re a group of 8 people planning to visit LV summer 2005. My wife and I were here before and stayed at Luxor, which was ok but rooms weren%26#39;t really what we had expected.



Having seen a number of other nice hotels we%26#39;ll probably go for Bellagio next year. We do realize it%26#39;s one of the most expensive choices, but we don%26#39;t mind spending something extra here. After reading the many reviews, which were mostly very positive, I only have one concern.



Can you enjoy this hotel if your budget has certain limits (e.g. we can%26#39;t eat at the wonderful topclass restaurants they have. Paying $150 per person for dinner is just too much for us). We really don%26#39;t mind not being able to enjoy everything at this hotel, but we do want to feel welcome and at ease. After all, we do pay for our rooms! Can you enjoy Bellagio not being extremely rich and/or famous?



bellagio only for rich and famous?


I have never personally been to the Bellagio, but my boyfriend went before he moved here to Dallas.





He too had the money to spend on the room and gambling but although he had the money to spend on extras (dining, bars ect at the hotel) he didn%26#39;t because he thought it was pointless. He did get treated very well and even comped a night (he stayed 5 nights).





Just go in there like you are SUPPOSSED to be there, and if service is not up to par, say something. Even if you are only paying for the room stay, it is still very expensive so you deserve the same service as anyone there.







I had a similar problem at the Mandarin Hotel in London, UK. It is a very busy hotel full of high rolling business men and lots of celebs (local and american) and some of the regular people there were having problems getting the reception desk/conceirge/waiter/house cleaning/even manager%26#39;s attention. But I (no I am not incredibly rich and defnitley not famous) just act like I have all the money in the world and I am just as rich and famous as the next person (not snobby but not scared)





It STINKS that you have to ';act'; but I have a few friends that work at 5 star hotels in Australia and London and its true that the staff can ';read'; people.





Just be confident! You will be fine!



bellagio only for rich and famous?


Hi! Although I haven%26#39;t stayed there, the Bellagio is my favorite hotel in Las Vegas due to its beauty and attractions. I just got back from a trip to Vegas (read ';Trip Report 10/7-10/10'; posted in this forum), and saw %26#39;O%26#39; at the Bellagio, as well as ate in Olives, a Bellagio restuarant. In my opinion, if it is going to strain your budget a bit to stay at the Bellagio, you really do need to enjoy the amenities offered, like the pool or spa options, so you should spend a good amount of time at the hotel to enjoy yourself.





If it%26#39;s your first trip to Vegas and you will mostly be out on the Strip %26amp; seeing the sights, I see no point in staying in an expensive hotel since you will hardly be there. Granted, I%26#39;m seeing this from the perspective of someone with a limited budget. Because I stayed at a ';cheaper'; hotel this past trip, I was able to afford luxuries like a show %26amp; meal at the Bellagio, and I felt VERY pampered because of it. If your whole point is to have a fancy room that makes you feel good, and you won%26#39;t be upset at having to eat or shop more cheaply, then splurging on your hotel is a good idea. However, if you%26#39;d rather have amazing food and purchase more souvenirs, then stay somewhere cheaper. You can still get the ';Bellagio experience'; without paying for a room - believe me, I do it everytime I sit at their piano bar and pretend I belong there! =) Have a great trip!




Diordoll has it right on! We have stayed at the Bellagio(and we%26#39;re not soo rich or famous). The staff were very nice to us, as long as you%26#39;re nice to them also. I know some guests can be rude at times, especially to the staff, and that%26#39;s not right either. We don%26#39;t always stay at the Bellagio when we go to Las Vegas. It is a pretty expensive room especially if you go on peak season. If they do give you attitude or ignore you, definitely say something. Since this is a 5 star hotel, that should also include customer service. And when we do stay at Bellagio, we%26#39;re not always eating at their restaurants or go shopping at their shops either. We%26#39;re just there to enjoy the resort(the pool, the room, and ambiance) and have a good time. Have fun!




Will let you know a ';euro zone'; guest%26#39;s view when we get back at end of October. We are a party of 50 year olds booked in the Bellagio but do not intend to dine there more than once.




I can understand you wanting to splurge on your hotel room rather than on expensive meals. I much rather have a plush room for the night then a $150 meal! Food is Food to me, but when it comes to hotel rooms I am picky!





I mean what are you going to remember more, the best room at the world famous Bellagio... or $150 catfish dinner that you are going to later regret...LOL (j/k)





You can take pictures of the room and enjoy it for hours, the food will be gone in 15 min!




Eurozone reply!



Absolutely yes. We found Cafe Bellagio behind conservatory not too expensive for a light meal and little cafe near Monet Art Gallery lovely for snacks. Didn%26#39;t venture into any of the top class restaurants but they looked fabulous.




And as for being made welcome, most certainly. They haven%26#39;t a hope of separating the truly wealthy from the not so rich with the thousands of people passing through. Everyone we encountered were pleasant and courteous.




Hotels work not unlike gambling philosophy: don%26#39;t spend more than you can afford to lose. I f you are concerned AT ALL about budget, then the Bellagio is probably not for you. As others have posted, if you%26#39;re goint to stay there then you should use the facilities offered to you; if you can%26#39;t afford them I suggest you%26#39;re staying outside your budget. There%26#39;s another issue here as well: you%26#39;re going to feel less than welcome and devoting too much brain power to the ';Oh my God we%26#39;re spending a LOT of our money per night'; attitude. I%26#39;m a local, I%26#39;ve seen this before (BTW: I suggest many of the poor reviews of the HRH reflect this %26#39;We don%26#39;t belong here%26#39; attitude.) Bottom line is Hotels DO cater to certain cliques: HRH to single, hip 29-40 year olds; Bellagio to high rollers; Sahara to the retiree satin-jacket and Winnebago crowd. May I suggest the Mandalay Bay, or even another go at the Luxor (A jacuzzi suite with a Strip view runs less than a single at the Bellagio), or even The Venetian-VERY nice rooms indeed.




I%26#39;d go to the Venetian instead where you can have it all.




How many meals will you really eat in your own hotel? Breakfast maybe? Stay where you want to stay and where you%26#39;ll have enjoy yourself. Everyone has a budget just stay within yours when you%26#39;re picking restaurants.





My sister and I had this same debate in May. We decided for us two gals, it wasn%26#39;t worth the splurge. We opted for the lower priced hotel with all the lower priced amentities: Coffee cost less, drinks were less, etc.





Wait a minute. Is this post two years old?

No comments:

Post a Comment